Jack Bauer - Most Memorable Quotes



60 Αξέχαστες ατάκες του Jack Bauer:

Season 1 / Day 1

1. "I'm federal agent Jack Bauer and this is the longest day of my life."

2. "Officer, this guy is not waiting around for me... so you better shoot me or help me but decide now!"

3. "If you hurt my daughter I will kill you!"

4. "I have killed two people since midnight, I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe... maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are right now."

5. "I used to be in the military. Used to do field work for the CIA. I've been to some horrible places. I've seen some pretty terrible things. I don't think I've ever been this scared in my whole life."


6. "I’m the last thing you’ll ever see if anything happens to my wife or my daughter!"


7. "You probably don't think I could force this towel down your throat, but trust me I can. All the way. Except that I'd hold onto this little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest the towel, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. Most people probably take about a week to die. It's very painful."

8. "Say it again! Or I'll break your other wrist!"

9. "Where’s my wife and daughter? WHERE’S MY FAMILY???"

10. "(cradling Teri's dead body) I'm so sorry... so sorry..."

Season 2 / Day 2

11. "That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results, but you never want to get your hands dirty. I'd start rolling up your sleeves. (pause) I'm gonna need a hacksaw."

12. "If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise I won't miss!"

13. "Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son!"

14. "(to his daughter) Honey I want you to live your life. I want you to be happy. That's all I've ever wanted. I want you to try and grow up to be the kind of person that would've made your mom proud. Okay?"








Season 3 / Day 3

15. "Shut up, stupid! You just fired at a federal agent!"


16. "(before shooting Ryan Chappelle) God forgive me."


17. "(to Saunders about putting his daughter in the hotel where the virus had been released) When your daughter is infected, I'm going to make you watch her die."











Season 4 / Day 4

18. "What is happening at eight o' clock?! I am not messing with you. (flips table) You are going to tell me what is happening at eight o' clock! (shoots Sherek's leg) What is your primary objective?! What is your primary objective?!"


19. "Was Air Force One just hit? WAS AIR FORCE ONE JUST HIT???"


20. "(after breaking all of Joe Prado's fingers) This will help you with the pain. (knocks Prado out)"









Season 5 / Day 5

21. "Let's get something straight, kid. The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."

22. "You're gonna tell me what I want to know, it's just a question of how much you want it to hurt."

23. "I'm done talking with you, you understand me? You've read my file. The first thing I'm going to do is take out your right eye, and then I’m gonna move over and take out your left, and then I’m going to cut you. I'm gonna keep cutting you until you give me the information that I need. Do you understand me? So for the last time, where is the nerve gas?"

24. "Trust me, you do not want to go down this road with me."

25. "By the time I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish you felt this good again."

26. "I shot her above the kneecap! She can still walk! You make me shoot her again, she'll be in a wheelchair the rest of her life."

27. "If you are lying to me, I'm going to make this the worst day of your life, you understand me?"

28. "He used you to get into my head, and it worked. And now I'm... upset."

29. "Our government has no integrity!"

30. "There's no doubt. It's Logan. You understand what this means? We're taking down the President of The United States."

31. "No games, Christopher. I don’t need another reason to put a bullet in your brain."

32. "(to President Logan) Mr. Logan, I'm not going to torture you. But you are going to tell me what I want to know. Or so help me God... I will kill you. A year and a half ago I was warned that my life was in danger by someone within the government. I was told the only way I could stay alive was to create the illusion that I was dead. I was forced to deceive people that I loved. My only daughter will never forgive me. As I see the depth of your corruption unfold, I have no doubt that you are that source of danger. David Palmer was a great man, and he was a great president. But he was also my friend. He tried to warn me about you, and now he is dead. Other people tried to help me, and they are dead too. So, Mr. Logan, I hope you understand... I have absolutely nothing to lose. You are going to be held accountable for your part of everything that happened today. You are not going to be able to hide behind the presidency. Right here, right now, you are going to face justice! And make no mistake about this - this is personal. And if you think for a second that I am scared to put a bullet in your brain... you don't know me. I am going to ask you one last time. Who are your co-conspirators? You have until the count of three, or I will kill you."

33. "I know how this works... I need to make one phone call... Please... just one phone call. (Silence) Kill me... just kill me."

Season 6 / Day 6

34. "Do you understand the difference between dying for something and dying for nothing? The only reason I fought so hard to stay alive in China was because I didn't want to die for nothing...today I can die for something...my way, my choice."

35. "I don’t know how to do this anymore!"

36. "By order of the President of The United States, PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON!"

37. "You make one sound and I will rip your tongue out. Are we clear? Gray... people in this country are dying, and I need some answers. Are you gonna give 'em to me or am I gonna have to start hurting you?"

38. "I don't have time to ask nicely. (points gun) Where is he?"

39. "(holds out a pair of cigar cutters) You’re gonna tell me what I want to know or you’re going to start losing your fingers one by one."


40. "Your brother was responsible for dozens of deaths. You're now responsible for thousands. Trust me, I haven't even begun to enjoy myself."

41. "I know how scared and angry you must be right now. I know. I've been exactly where you are. I know exactly how you feel. But you're gonna have to trust me on this. You do not wanna live with the pain of taking another person's life even if you think they deserve it."

42. "No! You are gonna listen to me. Earlier today... you said that I was cursed. That anything I touched.... ended up dead or ruined. How dare you. How... dare you!!! The only thing I did, the only thing I have EVER done is what you and people like you have asked of me."

43. "I'm not interested in what you think this country owes me. I want my life back, and I want it now. Audrey's all I've got. You can't stop me. In case you've forgotten, I'm very good at disappearing.... and if you try sending someone after us I'll kill 'em. Pretty good at that, too."

44. "(to Audrey Raines) I know that I promised to take care of you and protect you... but I'm at a crossroads. Right now, the best way... the only way... to do that is to let you go. I hope one day you can understand. I hope one day you can forgive me. I love you with all my heart. And I always will."

Season 7 / Day 7

45. "For a combat soldier, the difference between success and failure is your ability to adapt to your enemy. The people that I deal with, they don't care about your rules. All they care about is a result. My job is to stop them from completing their objective, at all costs. I simply adapted. In answer to your question, 'Am I above the law?', no sir. I am more than willing to be judged by the people you claim to represent. I will let them decide what price I should pay. But please sir, do not sit there with that smug look on your face and expect me to regret the decisions I have made. Because, sir, the truth is I don't."

46. "We've done so many secret things over the years in the name of protecting this country, we've created two worlds: ours and the people we promised to protect. They deserve to know the truth and they can decide how far they want to let us go."

47. "So help me God I will kill you, and you will stay dead this time."

48. "I regret losing my family. My wife was murdered because I was responsible for protecting David Palmer during an assassination attempt. My daughter can't even look at me. Everyday I regret looking into the eyes of men, women and children knowing that any moment their lives might be deemed expendable in an effort to protect the greater good. I regret every decision or mistake that I might have made which resulted in the loss of a single innocent life. But do you know what I regret the most? Is that this world needs people like me."

49. "I can't tell you what to do. I've been wrestling with this one my whole life. I see 15 people held hostage on a bus, and everything else goes out the window. And I will do whatever it takes to save them, and I mean whatever it takes. (wry chuckle). I guess maybe I thought... if I save them... I'd save myself."

50. "You took an oath. You made a promise to uphold the law. When you cross that line, it always starts off with a small step. Before you know it, you're running as fast as you can in the wrong direction just to justify why you started in the first place. These laws were written by much smarter men than me. And in the end, I know that these laws have to be more important than the 15 people on the bus. I know that's right. In my mind, I know that's right. I just don't think my heart could ever have lived with that. I guess the only advice I can give you is... try to make choices that you can live with."

51. "I’ve made so many mistakes… and I always thought I’d have time to correct them!"

52. "You don’t know what I’ve done..."

Season 8 / Day 8

53. "The only thing you should consider yourself is lucky…that I still want this deal to happen. Otherwise, you’d be dead. If you try something like this again, we’re going to war and that’s the last thing you want."

54. "You better put that down if you don't want to get hurt."

55. "If you knew who I was and the things I've done before in my life, you would know that I'm not bluffing. So go ahead; blow yourself up into a million little pieces, first thing I'm gonna do is I'm gonna make your mother come in here and clean it up. Then I'm gonna take her to the blast site. Do you know how long it takes the human body to absorb a lethal dose of cesium 137? Five seconds, followed by twelve days of pain that is so agonizing, morphine can't even touch it. You got a decision to make, make it carefully."

56. "Mr President, get up or I will kill you right here. Move."

57. "I would have accepted justice by law, but that was taken away from me by people like you, so you’re right, I am judge and jury."

58. "I have a 556 rifle pointed straight at your head…which travels two thousand nine hundred feet per second. If you try to move, you’re a dead man."

59. "Lasting peace cannot simply be political. It has to be born out of trust and honesty, and understanding, and most importantly will on both sides to move forward. Currently that world does not exist, and this peace is fraudulent, and I cannot in good conscience allow the people who lost their lives today to go unspoken for."

60. "Thank you"

Επίλογος

Η ατάκα-σήμα κατατεθέν του Jack είναι το "Damn it" που το έχει πει πάνω από 100 φορές (δεν επιτρέπεται να βρίσει κανονικά στο κανάλι της FOX!!!) και στα αμερικάνικα κολέγια-πανεπιστήμια το έχουν κάνει παιχνίδι: Κάθε φορά που ο Jack (ή οποιοσδήποτε άλλος στο 24) λέει τη συγκεκριμένη φράση, πίνουν όλοι από 1 σφηνάκι (τεκίλα/ουίσκι/βότκα/ότι να΄ναι) !!! :P